I’ve been thinking about what I want in my life, what we want in our lives. After speaking with my wife about her struggles to keep her goals in mind, I suggested that she start her day in front of her hope wall, which is essentially a list of what she wants out of her life and our lives, what she wants to be.
In the same way, when I fall into the automatic way of living as opposed to conscious living, I lose sight of the goals, tools, etc. This auto-pilot mode contains the behaviours I fall back on and get caught in when I don’t have enough time or enough energy (that’s why I’m sure this will be a reminder of previously-written goals). If I got out of auto-pilot mode, on what would I like to focus? When that comes to emotional/psychological things, those are easy for me to identify. I also want to write down the physical goals, so that I can remind myself in tough times that abs aren’t more important than building connections.
GOALS FOR MY (PSYCHOLOGICAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL, HOLISTIC) SELF
- Be emotionally available for my wife, to have the energy to have sex and intimate conversations
- THEREFORE… I must sit down and rest to reduce stress
- Be able to readily connect to my feelings, connecting thoughts to them so that I can express and address them
- THEREFORE… I must journal and take the time to understand the impact of circumstances on my feelings (level of food fuel in my system, level of fatigue)
- Be able to look up and enjoy the things I am grateful for and appreciative of
- THEREFORE… use my mantras to “look up” and remind my support system (especially my wife) to remind ME
- Be happy with who I am, comfortable and not anxious with my beautiful intricacies (i.e. desire to be physically healthy, to eat healthy and good food, to explore foods and healthy living, inability to sit down for long periods of time, with what I want to read, make decisions and trust their success/failure)
- THEREFORE… not quite sure about this one, journaling and talking about it does seem to help though
- Be able to run, run long and run hard
- Be able to strength gain, so that I can continue to connect to my grandfather through his workout system
- THEREFORE… fuel my body sufficiently to do these things, gauge my fitness based on improvements in these and not in the mirror or on the scale
- THEREFORE… I don’t know the perfect sets and reps, my grandfather does
- Have time to read
- THEREFORE… prioritize/schedule it!!!